[MlMt] Mailmate not removing deleted messages from inbox (but is, locally)

Jason Davies ophiochoslists at gmail.com
Thu May 5 10:27:29 EDT 2022

On 5 May 2022, at 15:08, Henry Seiden wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Don’t see where/if you advised what version you are using or if you
> use Test Builds at all. MM Test Build were just updated (r5895).
> Release builds occur far less frequently.

It's a release build (I had it at the end (1.14, (5852)).

> As to your reality check, I don’t think you can expect MM to do
> anything except delete an email on the servers mailbox

Yes, that's what seems not to be happening;)

> Possible that your other device was updated in the interim?

'fraid not. I left it overnight. I also remembered (immediately after
posting, of course) that I I - unusually - have my work laptop with me,
also running MM. On the laptop, the expected behaviour is happening: I
delete a message, pick up my phone, watch it disappear, then do it in
reverse - delete on the phone, watch it vanish from MM on laptop. In
other words all devices except Mac Mini are swiftly synchronising
changes which only receives changes but appears not to 'send' them.

So there is clearly something not right on the Mac Mini set up - I'll
email Benny.

Thanks for the reality checks Henry and Alain (though it seems not to be
Preside this time).

Cheers,
Jason

> Benny’s update path from Test>Release are usually well-announced
> here and no releases occur in the dark, so to speak.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Henry Seiden
> - -
> Techworks Pro Co.
> E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com
> W: http://techworkspro.com
>
> On 5 May 2022, at 9:56, Jason Davies wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Before I submit a full bug report, a reality check? I've been using
>> MM for years and this has not occurred before. I noticed yesterday
>> that after clearing out my inbox (deleting, filing), they were all
>> still there on my phone emailer (Preside). That has persisted across
>> a restart. If I delete in Preside, MM dutifully deletes swiftly from
>> inbox. If I delete in MM, nothing happens on the phone, though the
>> message does go into 'deleted' on the Mac.
>>
>> Nothing has changed recently in my set-up unless MM updated itself
>> quietly.
>>
>> I can't see anything untoward in the Activity Viewer.
>>
>> Hoping this is user error (be kind!) but if not, I'll do a proper and
>> full account to the dev.
>>
>> M1 Mac Mini, OS 12.3.1, MM 1.14 (5852).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jason