[MlMt] r5907 and Group Address completion

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jul 28 15:23:23 EDT 2022

Ed,

The app I use instead of Contacts which accesses the database just fine
(and stores is away in its own configuration, BTW) is Busy Contacts. It
uses a different methodology that makes it compatible but separate and
more stable. It uses a tag field so you can sort on the tag. I haven’t
quite figured out how to find by tag AND select the found items in one
stroke.

If I can do that I will be able to export that entire selection to an
email bypassing all the other stuff - manual selection, etc. Then
it’ll go straight to MailMate either in the To: or BCC: field without
any interaction with MailMate.

Of course, as is MailMate only works with Contacts so we’re stuck with
all the flaws. It ain’t MailMate, though. I don’t we can ask Benny
to fix Contacts flaws. Maybe we can ask for an interface to [Busy
Contacts](www.busymac.com) though. What say you Mr. Wizard?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -