[MlMt] Displaying the midnight hour

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Sun Jan 2 23:52:47 EST 2022

Hello & Happy New Year fellow Mailmate users — Quick question re: how
Mailmate displays time between the top-of-midnight and 1am…

My research informs me that both 00:00 and 24:00 are, in some
situations, used interchangeably for the top-of-the-hour at midnight.
However, that same research shows that the time between midnight and 1am
are denoted using 00:xx format; consider “Zero Dark Thirty” = 30
minutes past midnight or 00:30.  In fact, I was unable to find any
standardized uses of the 24:xx format for describing times between the
top-of-midnight & 1am; all of the refs I found used 00:xx.

I have discovered that Mailmate displays times between top-of-midnight &
1am using the 24:xx format so, with the above in mind, I wanted to ask
if this is intentional or a bug?

Thanks in advance…