[MlMt] Build 5871: Setting date sorting parameters(^) and columns in, folders/sub-folders in the Left Bar

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Tue Feb 22 20:28:06 EST 2022

Hello All,

I made two interesting discoveries that seems undocumented in the Help
Menus in this Build. It seems interesting that it isn’t mentioned, but
it seems to hold true in all tabs affecting settings of sub-tabs within
tabs of settings like columns adding or deleting them and setting the
ordering parameter (E.G., sorting early to later or vice-versa). Also
found a specific exception which you may also find interesting.

Case 1: You have or have created a folder like “Archive” (in my case
I renamed it to All Archive 2022 for reasons unimportant but obvious).
In that folder there are default columns or added columns. Within that
group there are several Account folders with messages:
1. You add a new column to this top level folder. The change is
reflected to all of the sub folders automagically. I can find no rules
or setting methods to affect this change in the default settings, it
just happens. The only exception I can find, is that the position of the
column at the end of the list of columns by default may be respecified
in the sub-columns or changed in any sub-folder to whatever you want
independently from the main column or other sub-folders after the main
folder changes. Kind of like a hierarchical ordering setting.
2. Likewise a setting to the top level folder in terms of date ordering
- oldest to newest or vice-versa will affect all the sub-folders, except
where the subfolder was previously set differently.

Case 2: Changes made to top level folders in other terms, in the
View>Layout Menu MAY similarly affect sub-folders, but not the reverse.
If Benny used the same logic, it may explain so of the random looking
effects reported here.

I tried out Case 1. above for my own folders and found it works between
all my top level and (each of) their sub-folders as described. Maybe
whomever is documenting the help menu can confirm and document these
changes along with the respective folder actions. Perhaps it would
explain anomalies reported here on sorting and columns. I leave Case 2
to others to confirm.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden

Techworks Pro Co.