[MlMt] untitled mailboxen undeletable

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Feb 23 09:04:17 EST 2022

On 2022-02-22 at 22:51:11 UTC-0500 (Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:51:11 -0800)
Randy Bush <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

>> You need to unsubscribe from them. Otherwise, MM will refetch the
>> subscription list, see the (non-existent) mailbox there, and try to
>> fetch it.
>
> so that will actually nuke tem as opposed to just not showing them to
> me?

More accurately: you will no longer be shown ghost mailboxes that are
inaccessible because they no longer really exist.

Every time I've had this happen, it has been because the mailbox no
longer exists on the server *except* in the account's subscription list.
I believe the root cause is a bug in the interaction between MailMate's
create/rename/subscribe logic and its task/connection pooling.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire