[MlMt] override built-in keybindings

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sat Apr 16 11:31:33 EDT 2022

Just a guess, Zvi, Benny tries to use the most compatible approach to
his coding in the app. He uses McOS coding in the app for text handling,
as an example (SHIFT+ ⌘+U to mark email/groups of mail as read, ⌘ +
DEL key to likewise trash selected emails) .

As a user, I like that approach. It is unfortunate but not universally
shared by all dev’s. Hence Apple’s sandboxing of their OS in a bunch
of ways (partitioning, lock up the OS) to keep it clean. Also useful for
viruses although by no means bullet-proof.

I don’t think attempting turning off anything in MacOS would be
possible and/or acceptable.

Your approach to reversing some pre-made coding (and future ones?) has a
good chance of succeeding. Maybe suggest putting them in the app? That
way, if accepted, the same codings found to be useful will remain in
future versions and be useful to all of us.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.