[MlMt] Remove from inbox but accessible

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Tue Oct 26 01:45:03 EDT 2021

Ron B 2021-10-26 7:14 wrote:

> I'd like to be able to access those emails whenever I want. I'm more likely to need the ones that are six months and newer. Currently, all of these emails are in my inbox. It would be convenient to have some way to remove them from the inbox, maybe as soon as I tag them.
>
>  How do people normally handle this situation?

I suggest moving everything to "Archive".

You can set up both rules and custom keybindings to e.g. move en e-mail to archive and tag it.

When I open MailMate I start with pressing "i".

    "i" = ( "goToMailbox:", "INBOX", "makeFirstResponder:", "mainOutline", "selectFirstMessageRow:" );

I then use these four options to sort through all the mail.

    "r" = "replyAll:";
    "f" = "toggleFlag:";
    "a" = "archive:";
    "d" = "deleteMessage:";