[MlMt] Advice on using MM with 2 Factor authentication ( Duo)?

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Fri May 21 22:42:49 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-22 06:43:08 (+0800), TJ Luoma wrote:
> The really bad news is that Microsoft Office 365 is dropping support
> for IMAP later this year (2021).

My understanding is that they're deprecating "basic authentication"
support for IMAP, not IMAP itself.  You can continue to use IMAP as long
as you authenticate using OAuth.

Since MailMate supports OAuth for Google, I expect (hope) that support
for Office 365 is only a matter of time.

I don't know anything about Duo to comment on Roger's original question
though.  However, many 2FA applications historically allowed you to
append (or in some cases prepend) your fixed-length second factor to
your password.  I don't know if Office 365 / Duo work that way.  I would
not be surprised if they do not.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps