[MlMt] Advice on using MM with 2 Factor authentication ( Duo)?

Sun May 23 09:46:51 EDT 2021

On 22 May 2021, at 0:43, TJ Luoma wrote:

> I have bad news and really bad news.
>
> The bad news is that Duo does not work with IMAP.
>
> The really bad news is that Microsoft Office 365 is dropping support for
> IMAP later this year (2021).

I don't have time to check your resources right now, but I'm not sure this is correct. Microsoft very recently (less than a year ago) added OAuth2 support for Office365 when accessed using IMAP/SMTP. This works in the test releases of MailMate and I have not seen any indications that this will stop working. I have many reports about it working successfully.

I don't know if there are any additional challenges with Duo though.

I do know that a lot of IT departments are very confused about how OAuth2 works for IMAP/SMTP...