[MlMt] Updating SpamSieve

Fri May 14 09:33:12 EDT 2021

On 6 May 2021, at 19:10, Antonio Leding wrote:

> Interesting - is there any reason why the CPU architecture would be a factor here?  Or is the thinking that the complete wipe was required just due to normal cleanup and possibly a change to a new OS?

The CPU architecture does appear to matter -- at least implicitly.

> I think it would be bizarre if the ARM-based CPU arch would cause this but given the feedback here, need to ask.  Or maybe does the OS have different under-the-hood behavior due to it running on an M1 vs. x86?

I still don't know exactly what the problem is/was, but the x86-only builds (including r5757 and earlier) of MailMate had issues with using AppleScript on the M1. Specifically, I've had this reported for SpamSieve and the OmniFocus bundle. I don't think the general problem is specific to MailMate.

The more recent test releases of MailMate are universal and do not appear to have any issues on the M1. (Debugging was a bit hard given that I don't own an M1 machine myself.)

Sorry if the problem was somehow caused by how MailMate uses AppleScript.