[MlMt] Selecting default SMTP server

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Sun Jul 25 00:11:11 EDT 2021

“… surely using mail submission (port 587 or 465…”

With SES, most definitely - but not a big deal…if my own server, can
literally use any port I want…

“…mandatory TLS encryption and authentication and DKIM signatures
added with "d=amazonses.com”)…”

Most definitely - just prudent…

“…published a SPF record in DNS for leding.net which explicitly
declares that your mail may legitimately be coming out of SES…”

Again, very true - which is exactly what people should be doing - at
least with their own domains.  I know some may opt to not use SPF but
given that more and more admins are requiring SPF checks for all inbound
mail, just foolish not to have it…

- - -