[MlMt] PGP/GPG signing and encrypting

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Thu Feb 11 14:34:07 EST 2021

Hey gang,

For reasons, I decided to add OpenPGP-based signing and encrypting to
MailMate.  Except, I know next to nothing about how to make that
actually work.

I think I successfully installed gnupg with Homebrew, since the error
messages I got in MailMate changed from "can't find gpg" to other stuff,
but I'm still getting error messages when I try to encrypt-- and I still
haven't worked out how one signs a new message without fully encrypting
it.

I generated a public-private key pair using https://pgptools.com/ and I
_think_ I imported their .ASC files into gpg, but again, I'm not clear
if I did it properly.

All of this being a long-winded way of asking: does anyone have a gentle
total-n00b's intro to getting this working?  Command line is fine with
me, if that's the best path.  Also not wedded to the public/private key
paid I generated online, since I've not shared the public key with
anyone, so I'm happy to generate a new pair locally if that's
recommended.

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/