[MlMt] Moving ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages

Raza Rizvi raz at raz.org
Thu Feb 11 11:54:50 EST 2021

Hi,

There was some discussion about
~/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages and a lack of disk space
(caused for me by caches for Arqbackup and Anydesk hidden incoming
folder rather than just Mailmate) meant I checked again what was
consuming large amounts of space on my boot disk.

As MailMate keeps a local copy of all the messages in your accounts (and
like many here I have multiple accounts) that consumes a lot of space -
42GB in my case.

~/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages is itself an alias
pointing to ~/Library/ApplicationSupport/MailMate/Messages.noindex which
raises the obvious question that perhaps some of you have tried moving
the alias to point to a directory on a different SSD. If so, were there
any problems?

Raza