[MlMt] PGP/GPG signing and encrypting

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Thu Feb 11 17:45:09 EST 2021

On 12 Feb 2021, at 6:34, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> All of this being a long-winded way of asking: does anyone have a
> gentle total-n00b's intro to getting this working?  Command line is
> fine with me, if that's the best path.  Also not wedded to the
> public/private key paid I generated online, since I've not shared the
> public key with anyone, so I'm happy to generate a new pair locally if
> that's recommended.

I haven't used `brew`'s `gpg` so can't comment on that. You may find it
easier to get started with Mac GPGTools

- https://gpgtools.org

They talk about a purchase, that's just for the plugin for Apple Mail
(no plugin needed for MailMate); otherwise it's free software.

-cng

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>
     Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>