[MlMt] Removing email from Blacklist

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Wed Feb 10 11:35:24 EST 2021

On 10 Feb 2021, at 4:46, Martin S Taylor wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> While we're here, what exactly does Blacklist-ing an address do? I
> know it prevents autocomplete, but is that all it does?

Yes, that’s all it does. It could certainly have used a more specific
name, such as “Obsolete-Or-Incorrect-Addresses”, but since the
system lacks a complete user interface it’s hard to get too fussy
about it.

I use auto-completion, but I really wish Mailmate would more strongly
prioritize addresses in Apple Contacts over those gathered from my
INBOX. I have a lot of “blacklisted” addresses that resulted from
email addressed to me using mangled spellings and even incoherent names.
I feel like Mailmate should be able to recognize the core email address
in the Contacts and ignore all the bogus variations that people come up
with.

It would also help to integrate directly with other address databases,
e.g., Google Contacts, rather than relying exclusively on the Apple
Contacts system. Mailmate is not the only email client I use (no Android
version), and the Apple database is not a universally accessible system
for me.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net