[MlMt] scroll search term to top?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:13:17 EST 2021

When I search a message using command-F and then skip through the results using command-G, the message window is scrolled so that the search term is at its midpoint -- or, if the next appearance is already visible further down, the window isn't scrolled at all. I'd like to find a way to automatically scroll the window so that each successive instance of the search term appears near the top of the window.

I greatly doubt there's a way to do this built in to MailMate (though I'd be delighted to be wrong, of course!), but can anyone suggest a way to do this with a scripting language or something? I have Keyboard Maestro, so I can make my Mac do pretty much anything, so long as I know exactly how to do it.

Thanks,

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com