[MlMt] How to set columns and sort for all list views?

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Fri Dec 31 20:36:16 EST 2021

Hi all,

I've been using MailMate a couple weeks now, so far I'm completely in love with it.

I've encountered one bothersome behavior: when I change the view of the message list (by selecting a different folder, doing a search, or e.g., selecting “Find Messages From user at example.com”, the columns and sorting of the message list changes, forcing me to re-configure the columns and sort.

I want a the columns Read, Flag, Tags, From, Subject, Date Received, and Size, and I want the list sorted by Date with the newest messages at top; but whenever I change views, the oldest message is at the top.

I found the option when I right-click on a column header to “Use as Default Columns” but it doesn't seem to do anything; those defaults do not seem to propagate to the other list views.

How can I set my preferred list view settings for all list views everywhere, forever? 🥺

Thanks,
Quinn