[MlMt] Key binding for “show images”?

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Thu Dec 23 00:49:06 EST 2021

On 22 Dec 2021, at 15:19, mapish at gmail.com wrote:

> In my bindings plist I use this to load the images in a particular
> email though it doesn't work all that reliably in the newest betas
> because of some kind of tracker blocking or something. sometimes i
> have to press it multiple times and sometimes it doesn't work at all
> depending on the email.
>
> "loadImagesOnce:";

There it is! Thanks! This works perfectly for me.

I have DNS blocking, so some images are still blocked because of the
hostname they load from, but it seems to consistently load all the
images that I would expect to load.

----

I googled "loadImagesOnce" and found the whole list of [key binding
selectors](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/key_binding_selectors).

I followed [the
instructions](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/custom_key_bindings#key-bindings-in-mailmate)
to add this custom key binding so images are displayed after pressing
the `i` key:

1. Duplicate the
`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings/Gmail.plist`
file to `~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/MyKeys.plist`
2. Add the key binding for loadImagesOnce to the top after the first `{`
bracket:

        "i" = "loadImagesOnce:";

3. Open `Preferences…` → `General` and set `Custom Key Bindings:` to
**`MyKeys`**.