[MlMt] IMAP Port logic

Nicolas Mitchell nicolasmitchell at mac.com
Wed Aug 18 17:16:24 EDT 2021

Marc ARC wrote on 18/08/2021 20:22:

> Thanks for the info but any idea how MM behaves ?
>
> Does MM use 993 when “Require SSL” is checked ?
> Would that be a “logical” behaviour ?

I have require SSL checked for my provider. A Wireshark capture showed
connections to both, but predominantly (like 99% of the captured
packets) to 143. A second capture, after quitting and re-starting
Mailmate showed connections to 143 only. I feel someone with more
expertise could step in here, but I'm going to guess that those 993
connections were connected to certificate(s); and since I started
Mailmate and a second capture almost immediately after my first capture,
Mailmate's trust of the certificates remained intact, hence no further
connections to port 993 were required.