[MlMt] r5820 - new message

davecc0000 davec2468 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:47:49 EDT 2021

Similar experience with version 5819 (2012 mini with Big Sur). I have 3 displays on this mini: 2 computer monitors connected directly—HDMI & miniDP, and a TV via 3rd-party USB-HDMI adapter.

Whenever I change mirroring config or unplug one of the display, macOS reshuffles windows and my current MailMate message (or next message I open) opens halfway down the screen and is sized to half-screen. The message viewer window is likewise located in a non-standard location (not where I last put it). Until recently, the MailMate windows would relocate to another screen but in their “normal” place (where I last placed them). Quite annoying.

This behavior change did not correspond with any system software updates (that I’m aware of), or MailMate update.

I had installed this USB-HDMI adapter several months ago and didn’t experience this MailMate behavior change until the past 2(?) weeks.

Dave