[MlMt] can send mail but new mail doesn't download into inbox

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed Sep 30 15:41:57 EDT 2020

On 30 Sep 2020, at 14:40, Ken Pope wrote:

> I’m using MM 1.13.2 (5673) on Catalina 10.15.7.  Everything perfect
> until a few hours ago when: (a) although I can send mail, new mail
> doesn’t appear in my inbox; (b) my account (ken at kenpope.com) under
> “sources” turned red, and all the boxes under it went from black
> to light gray; & (c) although new mail doesn’t appear in the inbox,
> it *does* appear under “sources” if I highlight the red source
> account.

Does the account and its folders all have "(offline)" appended to their
names in the Sources list?

Have you tried selecting the account and using 'Mailbox->Take
"[accountname]" Online'?

> Although MM is my main client, I have 4 others (Mail, GyazMail,
> Airmail, & Postbox) that I use solely to download mail and provide
> backups—the ken at kenpope.com continues to download and appear in
> their inboxes.
>
> Any idea about what’s gone wrong and how I can fix it?

One possibility with so many clients accessing the same account is that
you're hitting a server-side limit on simultaneous connections, either
from the same IP or to the same account. MM usually pops up an alert
when that happens, especially with per-account limits (which look like
authentication errors) but when the connection is simply ignored at the
network level there may be no useful reason to do anything beyond
offlining the account and turning it red.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire