[MlMt] Comments on migrating from Mulberry (and Thunderbird)

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 14:19:38 EDT 2020

On 25 Sep 2020, at 5:05, Raza Rizvi wrote:

> Hello all, 1st post and a new user on day 4 of the trial.
>
> Very long term Mulberry/MulberryMail user on Windows then OSX, but for
> the past 9 months dual-running with Thunderbird because the inability
> of Mulberry to support 64bit OSX meant I knew I had to transition at
> some point when I was forced to upgrade the OS.
>
> Thunderbird, whilst tweakable, is simply too slow and cumbersome so I
> went hunting mail clients. MailMate is the only one making the grade
> (no surprise there).
>
> Mostly I can have my way of working but there are a couple of oddities
> or things maybe I haven’t quite got right yet that you can help with
> (mostly this is emulating things Mulberry was capable of doing):
>
> 1. I cannot get MailMate to move to the next message, despite use of
> MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy - is it broken?
> 2. I have been using MmDefaultBccHeader but is there an equivalent for
> the Cc header?
> 3. I have MmDeleteBehavior -string "markAsDeleted" but is there an
> Expunge on disconnect option somewhere? I do it manually using the
> Experimental 2.0 prefs checkbox notes.

Here are two options I know of:

- There's an "Expunge" toolbar button you can add; look at
View->Customize Toolbar
- You can set a hotkey to perform "expungeDeletedMessages:;" (I use
'x').  See the manual for how to add custom keybindings.

Both of these are available without setting the "Experimental 2.0
Features" checkbox.

-Eric