[MlMt] OT: iOS mail client

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Sat Sep 5 06:28:22 EDT 2020

On 5 Sep 2020, at 0:22, Robert Goldman wrote:

> On 4 Sep 2020, at 6:28, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> In the end I've settled with Spark which has decent smart folders and
>> does not choke on the big inbox.
>
> The critical question for me with an iOS client for compatibility is
> whether or not it supports IMAP tags.  Does Spark do this?

Fair warning to all who are looking at new mail programs - read __very
carefully__ the privacy policy for Spark. Unless they have changed,
using their program means giving __their servers__ access to all your
email. If you don't mind handing over all your email, the Spark UI isn't
too bad. I use email mostly for business and giving Spark access to all
of it was complete non-starter. (Which I discovered the hard way, and
then had a fun couple of days working out how bad the damage was. 😞)

I have complete trust in MailMate though, and it would be nice to have
an iOS alternative that is as nice to use. I chose Edison Mail (Email) -
it's no MailMate, but good enough to replace Apple Mail on my phone and
tablet.

-cng

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>