[MlMt] OT: iOS mail client

Bryce Wray bwray at wraytx.com
Sat Sep 5 08:38:05 EDT 2020

On 5 Sep 2020, at 5:28, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> Fair warning to all who are looking at new mail programs - read __very
> carefully__ the privacy policy for Spark. Unless they have changed,
> using their program means giving __their servers__ access to all your
> email. If you don't mind handing over all your email, the Spark UI
> isn't too bad. I use email mostly for business and giving Spark access
> to all of it was complete non-starter. (Which I discovered the hard
> way, and then had a fun couple of days working out how bad the damage
> was. 😞)
>
> I have complete trust in MailMate though, and it would be nice to have
> an iOS alternative that is as nice to use. I chose Edison Mail (Email)
> - it's no MailMate, but good enough to replace Apple Mail on my phone
> and tablet.
>
> -cng

Just so you know, the folks behind Edison Mail (which, admittedly, is a
nice-to-use app) have had their shares of privacy issues, too:

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/05/16/edison-mail-sync-bug/

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/pkekmb/free-email-apps-spying-on-you-edison-slice-cleanfox

Best wishes,

Bryce Wray