[MlMt] Trial version

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Oct 8 11:15:56 EDT 2020

On 8 Oct 2020, at 16:02, Raza Rizvi wrote:

> The trial runs for 30 days and I see how long it has been used for in
> the top line of the window of all messages I read.
>
> There don’t appear to be any restrictions.

No, I don't think there are.

> Coming as I do from the very configurable Mulberry, I am really and
> truly impressed with what I have found in my 14 days and with the
> response of the primary developer to questions, even nit-picking
> complicated ones. I have stopped running my original Mulberry
> replacement (Thunderbird) which I have been using for the last 9
> months and I also started a trial of Postbox at the same time as
> MailMate, and I ran that once…
>
> If you are going to do software, do it right and you will find people
> who appreciate that - it seems to be the right philosophy to me.

I think so. Problems with MailMate are generally down to "fit and
finish" – we all know there are usability and documentation issues –
rather than functionality. Basically, if you like the flexibility that
working with filters gives you, you'll love MailMate, especially
whenever you try other mail programs.

Some people have implemented and, even better, documented some
sophisticated workflows in MailMate. Worth trawling the archives for
some of these.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark