[MlMt] 2nd instance of MaiMate

Rob Willett rob.mailmate at robertwillett.com
Mon May 18 03:08:43 EDT 2020

Depends on the VM technology, e.g. VMWare Fusion, Virtual Box,
Parallels.

We use VMWare Fusion for stuff that absolutely must run on Windows 10,
in our case micro controller programmers. We use VMWare Fusion and the
main resource limit for us is the memory but this is not all allocated
at once.

The best doc I can find is older and refers to VMWare Workstation
https://www.vmware.com/support/ws45/doc/performance_mem_ws.html but I
have no reason to think that this has changed.

Whilst it’s a hack to have to run a separate VM just for Mailmate, it
may be worth trying Virtual Box as it’s free (which given it’s now
Oracle, is amazing).

Can’t promise it will work the way you want, but I know that many
companies use it where I work.

No experience of Parallels and I don’t like subscription models.

Rob