[MlMt] Ideas to reduce the footprint of MailMate

Guillaume Barrette guitest02 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 21:43:42 EDT 2020

Hi Sam,

   Thanks a lot for doing the test, this is really appreciated and
give me a better cue that something shouldn't be right with my setup!

I was thinking that maybe the problem was with Gmail since my 3 emails
who are really used are from Gmail, the 2 others are from my web hosting
provider and only have 109 messages in one and 21 in the other, but now
that you said that you have 2 Gmails addresses, then there must be
something else.

So, do you mind giving me some insight on how your Gmail accounts are
configured in MailMate? Myself, I followed the information that we can
find in MailMate manual
[here](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup). So my `Important`
+ `Starred` mailboxes are unchecked (not subscribed), but I kept checked
my `All Mail` mailbox (subscribed). Is it what you have or you also
unchecked the `All Mail` mailbox ?

Now I think I'll put my email accounts offline and activate one for a
while and do this procedure with each account and see if one is the
problem or if it's MailMate in general.

One question for anyone reading, I don't think this is the case since
from my understanding this should simply scan the local copy of the
emails, but does the more that we have smart mailboxes in MailMate the
more it needs to fetch emails online?

Thanks again Sam and everyone!

--
Guillaume