[MlMt] Ideas to reduce the footprint of MailMate

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Sun May 10 20:53:16 EDT 2020

Just a follow up - having run MailMate for about 18 hours with Activity
Monitor open, I’m showing 1 MB sent and 20 MB received.

Not a huge email day for me, but that’s like three orders of magnitude
less than what you’re seeing. I think there’s something screwy going
on with your setup.

Maybe some brain-dead IMAP servers force MailMate to be more profligate
with bandwidth. What servers are you connecting to? I have two Fastmail
accounts, two GMail accounts, and one private server running Dovecot.

Hope this helps and that you find a fix.
-sam