[MlMt] Ideas to reduce the footprint of MailMate

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Sat May 9 15:06:41 EDT 2020

2 GB of network traffic per day seems high. I’m going to leave
Activity monitor open on my MailMate today and see what I get.

Messages.noindex tends to be a bit larger than the on-server size of the
messages, but not staggeringly so. For example, one of my accounts is
using 4.7 GB on the server but its folder inside Messages.noindex is 5.0
GB.

Also I’d suggest paying attention to the “Private memory” rather
than “Memory” as that shows the amount of RAM MailMate is using that
isn’t shared with other processes. (If I understand correctly.)

Hope this helps.
-sam