[MlMt] Missing intermediate certificate(s) for S/MIME message.

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:38:12 EDT 2020

[This is a repeat of a question I sent last December that was not
answered]

Hi, I just received a message from a colleague which generated this
warning:

     Missing intermediate certificate(s) for S/MIME message.
     The message signature is valid, but intermediate certificates are
needed to determine trust.

And to the right are two buttons: "Show Details" and "Allow Network
Fetch".  I understand the first button, but what exactly does "Allow
Network Fetch" do?  I clicked it but it didn't seem to have any effect.

In case it's relevant, the sender is from the Czech Republic, and
presumably the CAs there are not being trusted by default in macOS,
leading to the warning.

Thanks.

-Eric