[MlMt] Hold messages in Deleted Messages for a specified time

Tue Jun 23 08:59:33 EDT 2020

On 23 Jun 2020, at 14:54, Dan Romanchik wrote:

> I’’m unsure how Deleted Messages work. Sometimes, when I search Deleted Messages I find what I’m looking for, and some of the messages in there are a month or more old. Other times, the messages are just gone. Is there anyway to specify an amount of time that MailMate will hold a message in Deleted Messages? Or, perhaps make it more like a Trash bin instead of just deleting the emails?

By default, MailMate has no auto-delete functionality although something can be built using smart mailbox rules. It is more likely that the deletion of messages happens on the IMAP server. You should check with your IMAP provider (which might be multiple providers if you have multiple accounts).

Let me know if that does not help.