[MlMt] Missing intermediate certificate(s) for S/MIME message.

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Jun 23 14:35:23 EDT 2020

On 23 Jun 2020, at 12:38, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> And to the right are two buttons: "Show Details" and "Allow Network
> Fetch". I understand the first button, but what exactly does "Allow
> Network Fetch" do? I clicked it but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Nearly all certs these days are not signed directly by 'root' certs but
instead by an intermediate cert. In *some* cases it is possible to
retrieve a needed intermediate cert based on information in the end-user
cert. The retrieved intermediate cert itself can have its own problems
that break verification, such as simple expiration or the use of
obsolete weak algorithms, or it can itself be signed by an unknown cert
rather than by a trusted root.

It should be possible to determine what the problem is by using the
"Show Details" button.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org