[MlMt] Modifying Reply Date Format

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Wed Jun 10 19:46:59 EDT 2020

On 11 Jun 2020, at 4:30, MlMt at rhp.tw wrote:

> When one replies to an email, MailMate formats the date/time like
> so `On 10 Jun 2020, at 16:18...` While I understand that is how most
> of the world references dates and times, I am one of those uncouth
> Americans and wondering if there is a way to change the format?

Please don't change it to all numbers; at best, US dates can be
ambiguous, and can be downright misleading if used for anything
important (like restoring from backups, and getting wrong backup because
arrogant company assumes everyone is American). Basically, use any
format you like, as long as it can only be interpreted one way.
Ambiguity leads to pain which leads to loss of income; just don't do it.

-cng

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>
     Garrison Computer Services      <http://www.garrison.com.au>