[MlMt] process question

Tue Jun 2 10:01:13 EDT 2020

On 2 Jun 2020, at 15:06, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi Benny, several of us have been posting various minor issues we've
> encountered in recent builds of MailMate, as per your request, to this
> list.  The lack of replies has me wondering whether we should be
> opening tickets on
> https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672-mailmate in addition
> to (or instead of) posting them here?

Yes, test-release issues are probably best sent directly to me or using
the tickets system. A lot of people on the list are not using test
releases.

> For me, though I've reported four different issues, the inability to
> drag and drop one message into another to attach it, and the flaky
> behavior of tab & shift-tab to manage which elements have focus are
> the two that are bugging me the most.  Can you provide any update on
> fixing those?  Should I open tickets for them?

I can see you opened tickets and I'll look into those. It is likely that
some issues are caused by the transition to a new message view. For
test-release only issues I might choose to not fix them if it's
something that is working in the new message view. The main reason I'm
not very good at answering (anything anywhere) these days is that I
would really like to get to a point where I can get test release users
to actually use the new message view -- and start fixing issues in that
instead. The main (major) missing feature is that embedding HTML is not
working (both when replying and forwarding) and then there is likely a
huge number of “minor” issues.