[MlMt] process question

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:17:54 EDT 2020

On 2 Jun 2020, at 10:01, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2020, at 15:06, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> Hi Benny, several of us have been posting various minor issues we've
>> encountered in recent builds of MailMate, as per your request, to
>> this list.  The lack of replies has me wondering whether we should be
>> opening tickets on
>> https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672-mailmate in addition
>> to (or instead of) posting them here?
>
> Yes, test-release issues are probably best sent directly to me or
> using the tickets system. A lot of people on the list are not using
> test releases.

Okay, good to know.

>> For me, though I've reported four different issues, the inability to
>> drag and drop one message into another to attach it, and the flaky
>> behavior of tab & shift-tab to manage which elements have focus are
>> the two that are bugging me the most.  Can you provide any update on
>> fixing those?  Should I open tickets for them?
>
> I can see you opened tickets and I'll look into those. It is likely
> that some issues are caused by the transition to a new message view.
> For test-release only issues I might choose to not fix them if it's
> something that is working in the new message view.

Yep, speaking as yet another software developer, I totally get it.  And
I remain willing to continue running the test releases, as I know how
that helps you shake out issues.

> The main reason I'm not very good at answering (anything anywhere)
> these days is that I would really like to get to a point where I can
> get test release users to actually use the new message view -- and
> start fixing issues in that instead. The main (major) missing feature
> is that embedding HTML is not working (both when replying and
> forwarding) and then there is likely a huge number of “minor”
> issues.

I'm looking forward to the day when we can start testing the new message
view.

Thanks for all you do to make MailMate a superior email client for
macOS.

-Eric