[MlMt] Don't include "source" in general search results

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Jul 27 15:34:07 EDT 2020

On 21 Jul 2020, at 10:28, Marc ARC wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since there is a “Source” I don’t want to search into ( unless I
> really want to look there ),
> I think it’s best to retrieve/eliminate this Source from all
> messages.
>
> I can do this for specific mailboxes within this source but I can’t
> seem to figure out how to do it for the entire source.

Add a condition:

[Source > Server > User] [Does Not Contain] [Username of Source]

If that isn't specific enough, add another:

[Source > Server > Domain] [Does Not Contain] [Domain of Source]

As Robert says, "All Messages" is special, in that it is implicitly
referenced by the unified standard mailboxes such as "Junk," "Draft,"
"Deleted Messages," and "Inbox." So if you exclude messages from "All
Messages," you exclude them from those smart mailboxes as well.

The alternative to changing "All Messages" is to create a derivative
mailbox using messages from "All Messages" and excluding sources in the
"Mailboxes" section. In the specific case shown in the attached screen
grab, I have a static source of ancient mail named "Emailchemy Import"
(after the tool used to convert 20+ years of Eudora mailboxes) which I
usually do not want to include in searches.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not For Hire (currently)