[MlMt] newbie question about folders

Jo rocklily at comcast.net
Tue Jan 28 13:25:51 EST 2020

On 28 Jan 2020, at 5:11, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Create an Inbox rule that moves emails to one specific, pre-existing
> IMAP mailbox. Then setup another "rule" attached to that mailbox with
> no actual rules, but the settings to creates virtual submailboxes
> based on the sender's name. This way, you get the sorting by sender's
> name and the moving of the messages out of your inbox.
>
> Does that make sense?

It almost makes sense. The problem I’m having is wrapping my head
around IMAP in general, I think. I have been almost exclusively using
POP for so many years now.

So is a ‘pre-existing IMAP mailbox’ one that is for a specific email
address? Is it in the Sources area? There are so MANY mailboxes here
it’s very confusing. Of course I have a half dozen email addresses in
play, so it’s my own fault.

Jo

    "Therapy is extremely expensive...
       ..Popping bubble wrap is radically cheap"
                                 ....Jimmy Buffett