[MlMt] newbie question about folders

Jo rocklily at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 15:16:29 EST 2020

Hi,
Just switched over to MailMate from PowerMail. I’ve been hanging onto
PM for a very long time, but it seems it’s not gonna work with the
next OS upgrade, so here I am. There is a lot here that’s very similar
and some new stuff that I like better, but I’m having trouble with
sorting my incoming mail. 2 questions:

I was able to sort by who the mail was FROM, by creating groups in my
address book in PM. Is there a way to do that? Rather than going thru
and adding each individual to the filters within a smart mailbox?

Also, what if I just want to save some emails by physically moving them
into a folder? I’m guessing that’s something with ‘archives’ but
I can’t seem to figure out how to make this happen. What I’d like it
not to accidentally delete them when I am in the basic ‘inbox’
somewhere. In PM, if I put something in a folder, that’s the only
place it was. Here it seems to be a ‘copy.’ OK, I know it’s not a
copy, more like an alias, I guess? But whatever, I don’t want to see
it elsewhere, because I might accidentally hit delete. Does that make
sense?

TIA

Jo

    "Therapy is extremely expensive...
       ..Popping bubble wrap is radically cheap"
                                 ....Jimmy Buffett