[MlMt] Smart Mailbox for all emails with a size greater than x?

Mon Jan 27 08:29:01 EST 2020

On 27 Jan 2020, at 3:14, leo wrote:

> _I asked this before, but I didn’t see any reply, so maybe the mail
> didn’t get through. So here you go again:_

I still have a huge backlog of unanswered emails to the list. In other
words, I'm most likely to be blamed for the lack of a reply.

> How can I create a Smart Mailbox for all emails with size > x? (In my
> particular case is x = 50 MB)

You cannot (easily).

> I tried the `Size*` header, but it does not offer a numerical operator
> when added as condition…

Yes, such an operator does not exist.

> Then I tried the `Size*` header `Formatted` but still I found only
> string comparison. So I was able to get a condition for all emails >
> 1MB (by testing for string contains `MiB`) but not for > 50 MB.

Yes, you'll need hacks like that for now. Very few headers are numeric
(size and spam scores) and I simply never implemented numeric
comparisons (but numeric message ordering does work). The only general
workaround would be to create a bundle command which could use the
virtual #size header to do the comparison and move itself, but this is
probably overkill (too much work for what should be much simpler).