[MlMt] MailMate and Emacs

Thomas Kahle thomas.kahle at jpberlin.de
Tue Dec 8 04:53:33 EST 2020

On 6 Dec 2020, at 21:08, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I want to use emacs to compose mail.  I started with this bundle:
>> https://github.com/alexandru/emacs.mmbundle
>> which gets mail into emacs and back to mailmate.
>

> i tell MM to compose a reply and hit Command/Emacs/Edit (^O) and find
> myself in a message.eml buffer in fundamental mode.  no headers.
>
> my issue is that closing the emacs buffer, either with ^C^C or ^X^C
> does not seem to get the resulting buffer into the MM composition.
> ^C^C does get
>
>     Wrote /var/folders/z5/l4jz_j850pl8449q0z2z2vt40000gn/T/com.freron.MailMate/edit/303674/message.eml

This works just fine for me.  I use emacsclient with a running server
and ^X^S + ^X^C closes the frame and client and focus is back on the
MailMate compose window.  In the last line, this script
https://github.com/alexandru/emacs.mmbundle/blob/master/Support/bin/edit
activates MailMate again.  Maybe your execution does not reach that point?

In any case, every time the file is saved, the MailMate compose window is updated.  It watches that file.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle