[MlMt] Moving from Apple Mail to Mailmate

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Wed Aug 26 10:55:48 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-26 06:20:56 (+0800), Antonio Leding wrote:
> My core questions would be around performance (I have well over 150k
> messages across 12 email accounts), reliability, SpamSieve
> functionality, things you wish you’d known before migrating, etc.

I wouldn't worry about performance or reliability too much with only
150,000 messages.  There are people on this mailing list with millions
of messages and MailMate "just copes". :) (I have just shy of 2 million
messages and I have one mailbox with just over 150,000 messages in it.
I know that I am not the biggest email hoarder here.)

> As an FYI, I did check out the Mailmate Mailman archive but didn’t
> find a lot concerning migrating from Apple Mail…hence this message.

If I were to venture a guess ... I'd say it's pretty uneventful for most
people. :)

Philip

--
Philip Paeps