[MlMt] Moving from Apple Mail to Mailmate

Dan Romanchik dan at danromanchik.com
Wed Aug 26 07:25:14 EDT 2020

I hit the brick wall with Apple Mail in February. It slowed my
two-year-old iMac down to the point of unusability.

There are two issues that I see with using MailMate vs. using Apple
Mail. The first is that MM organizes emails differently than Mail. When
you want to file an email, you move it to Archive and tag it
appropriately to find it or set up the “smart mailbox” appropriately
to find it. For example, I’ve set up a smart mailbox named “amateur
radio” and when I want to save an amateur radio related email, I tag
it with the “amateur radio” tag, then move it to Archive.

The second is that MM does not keep emails on your machine. Instead, it
leaves them on the server. If you save a lot of email, you could run out
of space on the server, as I’ve done already.

Once you realize that this is how MM works, you can make it work pretty
much like Mail. And, it is definitely faster than Apple Mail.

Regards,

**Dan Romanchik  |  Technology Writer and Blogger**
www.linkedin.com/in/danromanchik
www.danromanchik.com
734.930.6564
@kb6nu, @danromanchik