[MlMt] Auto delete old messages that have a certain tag?

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Aug 14 11:53:57 EDT 2020

On 8 Aug 2020, at 6:22, Bill Cole wrote:

> Rules are applied to a message when the message is added to the
> mailbox. So, when a Date condition of a Smart Mailbox becomes true for
> a message, the Rules are applied to it.
>
> I use this to "expire" messages that are part of public mailing lists
> like this one. I have a Smart Mailbox that includes all of the source
> mailboxes I use for mailing lists and a mailbox condition of Date not
> within the past 30 days, with a rule whose conditions exclude anything
> I've replied to or which has my domain in the References or
> In-Reply-To headers, with the action "Delete Permanently."

Bill,

this is **really** cool. I'm just trying it myself. Not entirely sure
what you mean by "References". Could you spell this out in greater
detail?

For anyone wanting to try this out: you might want initially at least
set the action to move stuff somewhere or at least not delete
permanently until you're happy that everything looks like it should.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Kronenstr. 27a