[MlMt] Auto delete old messages that have a certain tag?

Carlos Moffat carlos at moffat.cl
Fri Aug 7 21:19:31 EDT 2020

Hi Roger,

My understanding from having gone through a similar issue a while ago is
that what you want isn’t possible. There’s no way to create rules
that run on a schedule. MailMate only processes mail as it comes in. You
could create, I think, a smart folder where thy DELETE30 email is
collected, and the smart folder could have an action that deletes the
email if it has the tag and it’s old enough, but you’ll need to run
the rule manually (which of course defeats the purpose of the system).

Happy to be proven wrong as I’d like to have other ways to process
existing mail.

Best,
Carlos