[MlMt] taking an account online remotely?

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 16 14:00:49 EDT 2020

One of my MailMate machines—the one that runs SpamSieve—has a
particular mailbox offline now, as best I can tell. At least, its Inbox
does not show any update in several days, while my laptop has been
receiving email from that source; additionally, spam for that account is
not being filtered. So: is there any way to enable the account remotely?
I can ssh to the machine, kill MailMate, then restart it via 'open -a
MailMate'.