[MlMt] taking an account online remotely?

David Green dgreenbhm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 22:23:59 EDT 2020

Have not tried this but remote control through ssh may be possible since
you already can get to the machine with ssh.

I found this note about the process:
https://help.ece.gatech.edu/windows/remote-desk

Dave

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 1:01 PM Steven M. Bellovin <smb at cs.columbia.edu>
wrote:

> One of my MailMate machines—the one that runs SpamSieve—has a particular
> mailbox offline now, as best I can tell. At least, its Inbox does not show
> any update in several days, while my laptop has been receiving email from
> that source; additionally, spam for that account is not being filtered. So:
> is there any way to enable the account remotely? I can ssh to the machine,
> kill MailMate, then restart it via 'open -a MailMate'.
>
> --Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse any typos.