[MlMt] just bought mailmate..some questions couldn’t find answers to in manual

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Fri Sep 20 08:51:43 EDT 2019

On 20 Sep 2019, at 8:24, Xebar Saram wrote:

> 1. i use gmail as my mail source, each time i send a message i get a
> "new"
> mail in my inbox being the message i just sent. Anyway to make that
> stop?

I don’t think so.  Would you rather not receive a copy of the email
you sent, or are you just annoyed by the superfluous notification?

It’s not a big deal for me, but I could see having an option to stifle
“new mail” notifications for emails I just sent (since they’re not
really “new”). On the other hand, I compose messages across multiple
devices and it’s sometimes helpful to be reminded that I already
posted a reply.

> 2. when i reply to an email i get the previous mail content
> (html/text) in the upper part of the compose window. Can this be
> changed to either appear on the bottom before the editing area or stop
> this behavior completely?

Again, I don’t think you can totally disable quoting the previous
message in a reply.  The Preferences Composer tab has “Only include
selected text”. If you enable that, you can select a subset of the
message before hitting reply to limit the quoted text.

> 3. in the column for the "date received" can one show the full
> time/date and not just 'today'? Cant find where to define that

Right click on the headings to enable the “Date Received” column and
disable “Date Received (relative)”.  Then drag the new column
heading into the desired order.  You might also want to arrange other
possible email headings to your taste, then click on “Use as Default
Columns” so you don’t have to do this for every mailbox/folder.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net