[MlMt] just bought mailmate..some questions couldn’t find answers to in manual

Dan Pritts danno at dogcheese.net
Fri Sep 20 10:57:57 EDT 2019

> On Sep 20, 2019, at 8:51 AM, Glenn Parker <glenn.parker at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> On 20 Sep 2019, at 8:24, Xebar Saram wrote:
>
> 1. i use gmail as my mail source, each time i send a message i get a "new"
> mail in my inbox being the message i just sent. Anyway to make that stop?
>
> I don’t think so. Would you rather not receive a copy of the email you sent, or are you just annoyed by the superfluous notification?

I don't see this behavior.  My gmail INBOX, and my Mailmate Inbox, both show only messages that I have received from others.

In fact, I made a smart mailbox that includes my gmail Sent Mail just so I could get a display of threads that included my own messages.  (Later I learned that the thread button in the toolbar will pick them all up.)

I don't see an obvious setting that would be causing that.  Did you check that your email address is correctly defined in your IMAP settings?

Failing that you could always make a smart mailbox that is your preferred view of the inbox.

danno