[MlMt] Grouping mailing lists

Robert DelRossi rdr at rdelrossi.com
Sun Sep 8 14:36:19 EDT 2019

Charlie -- I'm new to Mailmate, too (and loving it!). Here's the
approach I've taken with mailing lists.

I created a new Smart Mailbox called Newsletters. In the Conditions
section of its properties I set all the requirements for what I want
collected (emails sent from all the various newsletter accounts). On the
Sub-mailboxes tab I turned on "Submailbox for each unique value of
 From/Name." This creates a separate folder in the Smart Mailbox for
each Name I receive. So, for example, I now automatically have folders
under the Newsletters folder for one journal or another.

Finally, in the Smart Mailbox properties I added a rule (in the Rules
tab) that tags each incoming message with a Newsletters tag.

Now, on my mail Inbox I set a condition that tells it to shows messages
that **don't** have a Newsletter tag. This way, all the messages
filtered into my Smart Mailbox don't show up in my Inbox.

Hope this makes sense. As I say, I'm new here, too, so perhaps the
others will have a more straightforward way to do this. But the approach
I've taken works and I'm thrilled with the results.

-- Robert