[MlMt] Finger slip deleted a mailbox - how recover?

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Tue Mar 26 19:37:17 EDT 2019

On 26 Mar 2019, at 5:41, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> I think it might be best if I simply added some kind of “are you
> sure” warning when moving IMAP mailboxes. Naturally, that should
> include an option to suppress it. Something similar already exists for
> deleting IMAP mailboxes.

I wonder if an alternative approach might be worth considering.  For
example, instead of nagging with an "Are you sure?" prompt, perhaps keep
a list of "recent" mailbox renames, and make that a pane that can be
viewed.  That would allow users to undo or re-rename a mailbox.

> (It would also help if MailMate was better at moving IMAP mailboxes
> efficiently which is currently not always the case.)

Do you use RENAME or do you create the new mailbox and then APPEND the
messages?

--Randall